Sefton Council are joining with Merseyside Road Safety Partnership to ask Sefton residents to show their support and take The Pledge.
As part of their on-going commitment to reducing the number of deaths on our roads, Merseyside Road Safety Partnership are asking everyone to join in and ‘take the pledge’ to be safer and more responsible road users. Whether you’re a driver, cyclist, motorcyclist or pedestrian, we all must share the responsibility and do our bit to make our roads safer.
By signing up to the campaign residents will receive support in the form of tips and advice on how to maximise road safety efforts. all year round. They will also be updated with the latest initiatives, engineering solutions and enforcement activities as the Merseyside Road Safety partnership continues to work towards fewer road deaths each year.
By signing up, individuals will show that they are prepared to put the safety of themselves and others first and that when they undertake a journey, they do so with consideration and respect for everyone.
To sign The Pledge, and to read more about the work Merseyside Road Safety Partnership does, visit https://merseysideroadsafety.org/the-pledge-your-commitment-to-safer-roads-in-merseyside/
- Consider the safety of others when I drive, walk or cycle
- Drive at an appropriate speed (often slower than the speed limit) on the roads of Merseyside
- Respect the presence of other, more vulnerable road users
- Maintain a high driving standard to influence how others use the roads
- Carry out regular checks on my vehicle, including tyres to ensure that my vehicle is safe and roadworthy
- Through my actions, I will support the aims of the Merseyside Road Safety Partnership in making our roads safer for me, my family and others and reducing road casualties