Please follow & like us

Appeal for information following theft of scooter in Southport

Police are appealing for help in finding a distinctive orange Vespa scooter which was stolen in Southport on Tuesday 18th June.

The bike was stolen from outside Dunes Splash World on the Esplanade at around 3.40pm. At approximately 4.30pm the same day it was caught on dashcam footage on North Road flanked by two other motorcycles. All three bikes were then seen to turn right onto Rufford Road.

The pillion passenger on one of the motorcycles was carrying a pair of crutches.

We are appealing for anyone who saw the three bikes after 4.30pm on Tuesday, or who has dashcam footage of any of the motorcycles after this time, to contact us.

Inspector Graham Fisher said: “Enquiries are ongoing to trace the scooter and return it to its rightful owner and I would ask anyone with information to get in touch.

“I would also advise anyone who owns a motorbike or scooter to ensure they secure their vehicle with a good quality chain, D-lock or brake disc lock to immobile it. I would also ask that if a member of public sees any suspicious activity around car parks or where motorcycles are parked up to contact us.”

Anyone with information is asked to DM @MerPolCC, call 101 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting log 787 of 18th June.

Playground thieves take Sefton for a ride

Sefton Council is swinging into action to recover a stolen playground attraction from a children’s play area in Southport.

Thieves have stolen an expensive basket swing from the play area on Sandbrook Road, Ainsdale.

The swing is estimated to cost almost ÂŁ1,000 to replace once a replacement basket, new ropes, shackles, delivery and maintenance time are taken in to account.

Cllr Ian Moncur, Sefton Council’s Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing, said: “It’s so disheartening to learn that people could be cruel enough to steal something from a children’s play area.

“This act ruins the enjoyment of the park for others and creates an added pressure to the Council’s Green Sefton service.

“I strongly urge anyone who has information about this to get in touch with Merseyside Police and help us return the swing to it’s rightful place.”

Green Sefton has since removed hanging ropes and bolts from the site to protect the safety of those using the playground.

Anyone with further information is asked to contact Merseyside Police social media desk via Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook Merseyside Police CC.

You can also call 101 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Alternatively, contact Green Sefton on 0151 934 2961 or greensefton@sefton.gov.uk

 

 

 

Appeal for witnesses following robbery at Supersaver in Bootle

Police are appealing for witnesses following a robbery in Bootle tonight, Wednesday 18th June.

We were called at 5.55pm following reports that a quantity of cigarettes had been stolen from a shop.

Staff reported that two males in a blue Ford Fiesta had stolen the cigarettes from a delivery van outside the Supersaver shop on Linacre Lane.

It is believed that during the incident the car mounted the pavement and was in collision with three males. The males suffered cuts and bruises and an ambulance was called as a precaution.

The car was also in collision with a Vauxhall Viva car before it was driven off towards the junction of Hawthorne Road.

The males in the Ford Fiesta are described as being white, aged between 20-25 and wearing black hooded tops with their faces covered.

An investigation is underway and CCTV enquiries are being carried out in the local area.

Detective Inspector Tony O’Brien said: “Linacre Lane is a busy road and I believe there would have been a lot of pedestrians and motorists in the area at the time this took place.

“I would ask anyone who saw the blue car, saw anyone or anything suspicious or thinks they may have captured something on their dash-cam to contact us as they may have information which is vital to our investigation.”

Anyone with information is asked to DM @MerPolCC, call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log 846 of 18th June.

Next of kin: Brian Williams from Bootle

Police are asking for help in tracing the next-of-kin of a 77 year-old man who died at home in Bootle.

Brian Williams passed away at his home in Gower Street on Thursday 6th June.

There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.

Anyone who knows of Mr Williams’ next of kin or can assist is asked to contact Paul Murphy on 0151 934 4558.

Major high-rise training exercise in Bootle, Merseyside

A Bootle tower block will host a major training exercise at the end of this month as Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service lead an exercise to test their response to a major incident in a high rise building.

 Irlam House, on Church Walk in Bootle, Merseyside will be the scene for the exercise, which will involve around 13 fire engines, 10 support vehicles and an Aerial Platform Ladder (ALP) vehicle. In addition to Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service, Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service, Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service and North West Ambulance Service will be taking part in the exercise.

 The exercise will take place on Thursday June 27, between 10.30 and 2.30pm and will simulate a fire on an upper floor of Irlam House. There will be a small amount of pretend smoke similar to dry ice for realism, but no fire effects.

 The exercise aims to test a number of areas and give new firefighters the opportunity to experience a realistic fire and evacuation scenario in a high-rise building. The exercise will test operational procedures for high rise fires, evacuation methods and the lines of communication during a major incident. This will also be an opportunity to test new equipment such as the latest Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP) and procedures such as methods of entry and search techniques. Around fifty students will be acting as residents requiring evacuation during the exercise with around 200 ‘players’ in the exercise in total.

 Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service aims to keep any disruption to a minimum and will be asking local residents and businesses to avoid parking at Church Gardens for the duration of the exercise if possible. The Service is publicising the exercise widely in the hope that residents will be aware of the exercise and realise it is not a real fire, avoiding false alarm calls to fire control. However, if there is any doubt, members of the public should always dial 999.

 The exercise will be thoroughly evaluated and any learning outcomes will be shared both locally and nationally in an effort to improve safety for all and hopefully reduce the possibility of future high-rise fires.

Group Manager Gary Oakford said:

‘This is a great opportunity for us to carry out a large exercise in a realistic setting. While the risk of a serious fire in a high rise building in Merseyside is low thanks in large part to our preventative work in the community, the Grenfell Tower tragedy is a constant reminder of what can happen when those risks become real.  

 With this exercise we aim to test current procedures and national guidance, ensuring that they are robust, effective and fit for the future. We would like to thank the local community and One Vison Housing for giving us the opportunity to carry out this exercise which will ultimately keep everyone in Merseyside safer.’

A spokesman from One Vision Housing said:

‘We are delighted to support such an important exercise and continue our successful partnership working with Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service. This training will help ensure the safety of our customers and the wider community in the future.’

For free fire safety advice or to request a home fire safety check, call 0800 731 5958.

Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service also provides free smoke alarms for Merseyside residents aged 65 or over or those referred by partner agencies.

Search Box