New restrictions which have been brought in as part of the new 2021 national Lockdown to combat the spread of COVID-19 have led to a number of important changes to how the Green Sefton parks & greenspace offer works within Sefton.
Visiting our Parks
Overall, our sites remain freely open and accessible for exercise. You can exercise in a local public outdoor place:
– by yourself
– with the people you live with
– with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
– in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
– or, when on your own, with one person from another household
Sadly our volunteer group activities must stop again in line with the above. (Although the government guidance does make reference to ‘volunteering’, it is understood that this refers more to ‘caring’ type volunteers and support).
Outdoor Facilities now CLOSED
• Golf Courses: The Government requires that golf course be closed until further notice. No unauthorised play is permitted.
• Outdoor Gyms: All outdoor gyms are now closed, and will be decommissioned over the coming days.
• Tennis Courts / Basketball Courts: these areas are now closed and no use can be made of these courts which will be locked where possible over the coming days.
• Grassroots Sport – the use of playing pitches has also now ceased until further notice. We have communicated separately to leagues and clubs in more detail
• Park Buildings and Pavilions – these continue to remain closed.
Outdoor Facilities remaining OPEN
- Playgrounds and play areas
- Dog exercise areas
- Allotments– our allotment sites will remain open to tenants who must limit their activity only to their own plots, not mix with other tenants and adhere to rules on the control of Coivid-19 which are displayed at entrance gates.
More information on Coronavirus can be found on our website at: https://www.sefton.gov.uk/coronavirus
We all appreciate the health and well being benefits of spending time outdoors (especially right now), but our resources will be stretched again during these challenging times, so if you do visit our sites please take extra effort to care for our environment by either taking their litter home or using the bins provided.