Please follow & like us

New business festival coming to region in 2020

A new global business event is coming to the city region in October 2020.

The Good Business Festival will be a multi-venue event focused on showcasing, promoting and encouraging ethical business, and aims to attract household names from across the world.

With the lead message that “Profit comes from Purpose”, the festival aims to help businesses thrive while operating ethically and responsibly, in a way that benefits the community.

Commissioned by Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, the festival will be delivered via a collaboration between Hemingway Design, the influential design company headed by Wayne Hemingway MBE, and Culture Liverpool.

Wayne Hemmingway said: “Consumers want businesses to act in a way that aligns with their own beliefs, the climate crisis is putting a sharp focus on what businesses are doing to help the environment and more transparency is forcing organisations to confront some uncomfortable truths about the way they may have operated in the past. The Good Business Festival will be the best place in the World to bring all of this together and for business of any shape and size to learn more about operating in an ethical way while delivering profit.”

The Good Business Festival will run from October 6 – 8, 2020. The line-up for the event and details on tickets will be announced in late January 2020.

For more info and to sign up for updates, visit www.thegoodbusinessfestival.com

World’s best snooker players heading to Southport for the first time

Snooker fans will have the chance to see the world’s leading players in Southport in the New Year.

The Coral Players Championship will run from February 24 to March 1 in 2020 at the Southport Waterfront. The leading 16 players on the one-year ranking list will qualify for the first professional tournament ever staged in the town.

Ronnie O’Sullivan won the event last year when it was staged in Preston, coming through a strong field which included the likes of Judd Trump, Mark Selby, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and Mark Williams. Top prize this time is £125,000.

A spokesman for World Snooker said: “We are thrilled to be taking this great tournament to Southport for the first time. This is a marvellous opportunity to see the very best players on the planet. Certain sessions are sure to sell out quickly so fans must book now. It is sure to be a strong field packed with players in form and a tremendous spectacle of sport over the six days.”

Tickets start from ÂŁ15. For all details visit www.worldsnooker.com/tickets

 

‘London-style’ travel scheme coming to Sefton

Merseytravel is introducing a new MetroCard to replace the Region’s Walrus card.

The new cards will be phased in from December 2019, when Merseytravel’s adult daily, weekly and four-weekly Solo bus tickets will be available online for the first time.

Merseytravel hope the programme will ultimately deliver a London-style smart ticketing scheme with ‘tap and go’ travel, digital season tickets and online accounts for customers across bus and rail.

The new online ticketing system is expected to go-live before Christmas for testing before becoming available to the public in the new year.

Metro Mayor Steve Rotherham said: “Our city region already has more than 400,000 journeys per week on the Walrus smart card, the largest scheme outside London, but I’m not satisfied with being the best of the rest.

“Right now, our ticket system overall is a confusing mix of prices and products, with the challenge put to the travelling public to find the cheapest price – if they can. We need to change this by making catching a bus or train as easy as possible and ensuring that passengers know they are not being ripped off.

“The first step will be the phasing out of Walrus to be replaced with a new MetroCard, with the ability for tickets to be bought online, coming in the next few months.

“But the longer-term vision is to transform this into the simple tap-in tap-out system that London has had for years.”

 

Southport law firm expands operations

A Southport solicitors is optimistic about creating new employment in the borough after expanding its operations.

Napthens Solicitors has moved to larger premises in the town, following a period of growth.

The business is moving from its original Hoghton Street offices to a larger site on the same street, after trebling its turnover since February 2016.

Shru Morris, Napthens CEO, said: “Following significant growth, the time was right to make this important investment into our future in the area.  Building on our success, we have a real opportunity for further expansion as we continue to strengthen relationships within the local business community and welcome new clients. We expect to recruit more staff as demand grows.”

Sefton Council approve Santander’s multi-million pound investment in Bootle

Sefton Council has formally approved plans for a ÂŁ75m investment in Bootle.

The Council’s Planning Committee approved proposals by Santander UK to redevelop their Bootle campus and create a new, sustainable, state-of-the-art facility.

The multi-million pound complex will be home to over 2,500 staff and become the contact centre and operations hub for Santander UK.

A new public park and new pavilions will be created as part of the plans, which will be open to the local community.

The new building has been designed to be environmentally sustainable and support the health and wellbeing of its users. The building will accommodate sporting and social facilities, with a retail offer accessible to employees and the wider public.

The bank has been based at the Bridle Road site since 1968.

The new campus is scheduled to open in 2022.

Councillor Marion Atkinson, Labour Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Skills, said:

“I am delighted that Santander’s plans for a state-of-the-art, sustainable new campus have now been formally approved by the Planning Committee. The plans are a huge vote of confidence in the borough and the level of investment highlights what an attractive proposition Sefton is to major employers.”

Chair of Santander, Shriti Vadera, said:

“I’m delighted that we are celebrating 50 years in Bootle with this long term commitment to our people and the area. Bootle has been a significant part of Santander’s story and we see it as a crucial part of its future.”

Search Box