Mobile COVID testing – August 2021
Dates and locations for August 2021
- Sunday 1 Maghull Town Hall
- Monday 2 Maghull Town Hall
- Tuesday 3 Southport Eco Centre
- Wednesday 4 Southport Eco Centre
- Thursday 5 NO MOBILE TESTING
- Friday 6 Litherland SP
- Saturday 7 NO MOBILE TESTING
- Sunday 8 Litherland SP
- Monday 9 Southport Eco Centre
- Tuesday 10 Southport Eco Centre
- Wednesday 11 Southport Eco Centre
- Thursday 12 NO MOBILE TESTING
- Friday 13 Maghull Town Hall
- Saturday 14 Maghull Town Hall
- Sunday 15 Maghull Town Hall
- Monday 16 Litherland SP
- Tuesday 17 Litherland SP
- Wednesday 18 Southport Eco Centre
- Thursday 19 Southport Eco Centre
- Friday 20 Southport Eco Centre
- Saturday 21 Litherland SP
- Sunday 22 Litherland SP
- Monday 23 Maghull Town Hall
- Tuesday 24 Southport Eco Centre
- Wednesday 25 NO MOBILE TESTING
- Thursday 26 Litherland SP
- Friday 27 Litherland SP
- Saturday 28 Maghull Town Hall
- Sunday 29 Maghull Town Hall
- Monday 30 Maghull Town Hall
- Tuesday 31 NO MOBILE TESTING
Remaining July dates
- Thursday 29 Litherland SP
- Friday 30 NO MOBILE TESTING
- Saturday 31 Maghull Town Hall
Walk-through test centres
In addition, local walk-through test centres are open every day from 8am to 8pm, providing easy access to COVID-19 tests for people who do not have access to a car and for those who have symptoms and should not travel by public transport.
The four local test centres are located at:
- Bootle Town Hall, L20 7AA
- Crosby Library Car Park, Haigh Road, L22 OLQ
- Netherton Activity Centre, Glovers Lane, L30 3TL
- Southport Town Hall, PR8 1DA
Those with symptoms wanting tests, need to book ahead of going to either the walk-through or drive-through sites. It’s quick and easy to book by calling 119 or going online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
RAPID testing and home tests
RAPID testing for people without symptoms continues at Bootle Strand and Southport’s Splash World. The Splash World site, now located in the centre’s car park, is open from 8am to 6pm seven days a week. The Bootle Strand site, the former H Samuel unit, is open 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and from 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
And, home test kits are widely available, from test centres, from all Sefton’s pharmacies as well as online from www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
RAPID tests provide a result in as little as 30 minutes. A rapid test at home involves taking a throat & nasal swab, dropping the sample into the container supplied and then checking for the result after 20 to 30 minutes.
It is important that anyone who gets a positive result from a rapid test or who develops coronavirus symptoms begins self-isolates for 10 days and immediately books a PCR test by calling 119 or visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus. A negative result from a PCR tests means they can stop self-isolating.
Eligible individuals who test positive are entitled to the £500 Test and Trace Support Payment in the same way as a regular swab test through NHS Test and Trace.
Vaccinations have played a key role in preventing the spread of coronavirus and it is vital that people go and get their first and second jabs when they are invited.
Vaccinations are now available to anyone who is :
- aged 30 or over;
- will turn 30 before 1 July 2021.