Macmillan centre now hosting drop in sessions in Formby
The sessions are being held at Formby Library on the second Tuesday of every month from 1pm – 3pm and the next one is Tuesday 14th November.
Helen Jones, Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre Manager, said:
“We know it’s not always easy or convenient for Formby residents to pop into our Southport centre, so these drop ins at the village’s library provide an alternative for anyone wanting information or support about living with cancer.”
The centre, a joint partnership set up by Macmillan and NHS Southport and Formby Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), provides a free, confidential drop in service for anyone affected by cancer.
The centre is staffed by Macmillan information and support staff and trained volunteers, who are able to provide:
- Literature and internet access on all aspects of living with cancer, including work and travel issues
- The opportunity to talk to someone in a friendly environment, and advice on how to access emotional support
- Help with accessing financial advice and grants
- Information about practical help that is available
- Information on living well, physical activity, relaxation and healthy eating
- Support groups and a team of volunteers
- Links with health and social care professionals
You can find the team at 20 Stanley Street, Southport, PR9 0BY or call them on 01704 533024.
For more information about the work of the Macmillan Information and Support Centre on Stanley Street in Southport, please visit the website: www.southportmacmillancentre.org.uk