Aintree Grand National Travel Information
Please see the latest information issued by Merseytravel regarding travel details for the Aintree Grand National meeting on Saturday April 8:
Merseyrail timetable overview
- 7½-minute service to Aintree from Liverpool Central between 11.15 and 13.30, calling at Moorfields only.
- 7½-minute service from Aintree to Liverpool Central between 17.30 and 19.15, calling at Moorfields only.
- 15-minute service to Aintree from Liverpool Central between 10.00 and 11.00, calling at Moorfields only.
- 15-minute service from Aintree to Liverpool Central between 16.30 and 17.30, and between 19.15 and 21.00, calling at Moorfields only.
- Rail replacement buses to run from Ormskirk to Old Roan from 10.30 till 14.00, stopping at Maghull only. Buses to run from Old Roan to Ormskirk from 16.30 till 20.00, stopping at Maghull only.
- Six departures from Southport to Liverpool Central (09.22, 09.37, 09.52, 10.42, 10.57 and 11.12). There are no services to Southport in the morning.
- Five departures from Liverpool Central to Southport (19.08, 19.23, 19.38, 20.30 and 20.45). There are no services from Southport in the evening.
- Half-hourly service from Hooton to James Street from 10.15 till 14.15 and from 17.15 till 20.45.
- Half-hourly service from James Street to Hooton from 10.15 till 14.15 and from 16.45 till 21.15.
- Half-hourly service between West Kirby and James Street from 10.00 till 13.30 and from 16.45 till 21.00.
- Half-hourly service from James Street to West Kirby from 10.30 till 14.00 and from 17.00 till 21.30.
- No services between Chester and Hooton or between Ellesmere Port and Hooton. Existing bus services to offer direct connections between Chester, Ellesmere Port and Liverpool.
- No services on the New Brighton line. Existing bus services to offer direct connections between New Brighton and Liverpool.
- No services on the Kirkby line. Existing bus services to offer direct connections between Kirkby and Liverpool.
- No services between Hunts Cross and Liverpool. Existing bus services to offer direct connections between Hunts Cross and Liverpool. Other train operators will be running trains between Liverpool South Parkway and Liverpool Lime Street.
Key travel advice
- Allow plenty of time to travel.
- Check before you travel: you can get in and out of Liverpool on mainline rail services and to Aintree and back by Merseyrail, but services may not fully cover all routes or follow the normal timetable. Merseyrail services and Northern services will also finish earlier than usual.
- Stick to public transport wherever possible. This is to reduce congestion on key routes such as the Mersey Tunnels and roads in and out of the city-centre and around Aintree, and because trains are likely to be very crowded.
- Full details of Merseyrail services and rail replacement buses are on the Merseyrail website (www.merseyrail.org/strike), on Twitter (@Merseyrail) and on posters at all stations or call. A booklet covering timetable information and travel advice over the three-day Grand National festival will be available at stations.
- For the latest on Northern services visit www.nationalrail.co.uk or northernrailway.co.uk/industrialaction and follow @northernassist on Twitter.
- Use Merseytravel’s journey planner to see your other travel options www.merseytravel.gov.uk/journeyplanner and get more details on routes and timetables at www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellingaround
- If you need additional help in planning your journeys, call Merseytravel on 0151 236 7676.
A consultation on the proposed closure of Sand Dunes Nursery School has ended
Carragher and co wish Bootle a big Happy Birthday!
Feeling under the weather this winter? Think NHS 111
Sefton Economic Strategy Consultation
Bootle & Southport schemes among six new City Region cycling and walking routes
Online Book of Remembrance launched at St Paul's Cathedral