Funding available for community groups this #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
Community groups only have only a few days left to apply for funding being offered by Sefton CVS working in partnership with Sefton Council.
This #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek, we want to make sure as many people as possible know about the funding available to make a real difference in Sefton.
The focus will be on organisations that work with, or can support, the following vulnerable groups in Sefton:
- Older people, especially those who are socially isolated
- Younger people, especially those who are socially isolated
- People with mild or long-term mental health problems
- People with a learning or a physical disability
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities
- People who frequently attend primary and/or secondary health care
- Traveller community
Through the Community Champions Fund 2021, organisations working to support the groups mentioned above, can apply for grants of up to £2,500.
The fund has a closing date of Friday 14 May, during Mental Health Awareness Week.
Projects will be expected to be complete by December 2021.
In the application form, organisations will need to identify which cohort and health priority is being addressed and in which part of Sefton the project will be delivered. It is expected groups will provide evidence for why their project is worth funding and the benefits the project will bring to the local community.
For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or