Remaining March coronavirus testing facilities across Sefton for those with symptoms
Testing for people with symptoms
One again in March, drive-through Mobile Testing Units will be available across the Borough. These sites are for those with symptoms – a new persistent cough, a high temperature or a loss of sense of taste or smell – and can be booked by calling 119 or visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Planned dates and sites may be subject to change if testing is required in other locations:
Remaining dates and locations for March 2021
- Wednesday 24 March – Ainsdale
- Thursday 25 March – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Friday 26 March – Litherland
- Saturday 27 March – Southport
- Sunday 28 March – Southport
- Monday 29 March – Ainsdale
- Tuesday 30 March – Ainsdale
- Wednesday 31 March – Ainsdale
Walk-through test centres
In addition, local walk-through test centres are open every day from 8am to 8pm, providing easy access to COVID-19 tests for people who do not have access to a car and for those who have symptoms and should not travel by public transport.
The four local test centres are located at:
- Bootle Town Hall, L20 7AA
- Crosby Library Car Park, Haigh Road, L22 OLQ
- Netherton Activity Centre, Glovers Land, L30 3TL
- Southport Town Hall, PR8 1DA
Those with symptoms seeking tests, need to book ahead of going to either the walk-through or drive-through sites. It’s quick and easy to book by calling 119 or going online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Should any Sefton resident be required to self-isolate, this means that they must not leave home. Support and advice for anyone who must self-isolate is available here on the Council’s website, including information on financial support.
Only key workers and those with caring commitments during the lockdown should now go for a SMART test if they have no COVID-19 symptoms.