January coronavirus testing facilities across Sefton for those with symptoms
Testing for people with symptoms
In January, drive-through Mobile Testing Units will operate once again. These sites are for those with symptoms – a new persistent cough, a high temperature or a loss of sense of taste or smell – and can be booked by calling 119 or visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Planned dates and sites may be subject to change if testing is required in other locations:
Remaining dates for January 2021
- Monday 18 January – Southport
- Tuesday 19 January – Ainsdale
- Wednesday 20 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Thursday 21 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Friday 22 January – Litherland
- Saturday 23 January – Aintree
- Sunday 24 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Monday25 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Tuesday 26 January – Litherland
- Wednesday 27 January – Litherland
- Thursday 28 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Friday 29 January – Southport
- Saturday 30 January – Ainsdale
- Sunday 31 January – Ainsdale
Walk-through test centres
In addition, local walk-through test centres are open every day from 8am to 8pm, providing easy access to COVID-19 tests for people who do not have access to a car and for those who have symptoms and should not travel by public transport.
The four local test centres are located at:
- Bootle Town Hall, L20 7AA
- Crosby Library Car Park, Haigh Road, L22 OLQ
- Netherton Activity Centre, Glovers Land, L30 3TL
- Southport Town Hall, PR8 1DA
Those with symptoms seeking tests, need to book ahead of going to either the walk-through or drive-through sites. It’s quick and easy to book by calling 119 or going online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Testing for people not displaying any symptoms
Targeted, SMART COVID-19 testing for people who DON’T have COVID-19 symptoms and who have to go out to work and mix with others or who are in caring roles is now taking place at:
- Splash World in Southport
- Bootle Leisure Centre
- Aintree Racecourse.
Each site is open from 8am to 8pm . The SMART test sites are walk-through only