Sefton joins neighbouring areas in Tier 3 Coronavirus restrictions
Following news of a new strain of Coronavirus, which has led to a significant spike in daily infections, with 53,135 infections announced in the last 24 hours (correct as of December 30), Sefton, alongside it’s neighbours in the Liverpool City Region has moved from the Tier 2 to Tier 3 Very High Risk level of infection from Covid-19.
Residents and businesses within Tier 3 must stick to the following restrictions:-
- No household mixing in any indoor setting.
- You must not meet socially indoors, in your garden or in most outdoor public venues with anybody you do not live with or have a support bubble with
- You can see friends and family you do not live with (or do not have a support bubble with) in some outdoor public places, in a group of up to 6. This limit of 6 includes children of any age. Find out more here
- Hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha bars), pubs, cafes, restaurants, and social clubs must close except for takeaway, delivery and click and collect services.
- You can take part in organised sport and physical activity outdoors with any number of people. Gyms and sports facilities will be open for individual exercise and exercise in single households or support bubbles only.
- Indoor group activities and exercise classes should not take place. You can take part in sports outdoors with more than 6 people, although there are exemptions here.
- Personal care, including hairdressers and barbers, is allowed.
Find out more about what Tier 3 means for Sefton by visiting the Local Lockdown Restrictions webpage of the Sefton Council website.