Please follow & like us


Behaviour orders issued after Rimrose Valley fires

Merseyside Police officers have been working in conjunction with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service (MFRS) in investigating a series of suspected arson incidents in the Rimrose Valley area of Crosby area earlier this month.

Following enquiries, a group of teenagers aged between 13 and 15 have been identified and issued with Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs).

This means that officers have spoken to appropriate adults and agreed a course of action with the teenagers.

Officers from the local Community Policing team will continue to monitor the area and will also robustly deal with any breaches of these ABCs.

Station Manager Paul Kay, Arson Reduction Co-ordinator for Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service, said:

“Arson is a serious criminal offence which puts people’s lives at risk, causes damage to homes, businesses and community facilities and impacts on wildlife and the environment. It can range from mindless criminal damage to a deliberately-targeted attack but, either way, the potentially deadly consequences remain the same.

“If fire appliances are called out to deliberate fires this may delay the response to other emergencies, which could endanger lives elsewhere. We want to make people aware that deliberately setting fires in a public place is arson and, if caught, those responsible may face legal action.

Local Policing Superintendent Matt Boyle said:

“This issue was understandably causing worry and distress to the people of Crosby and following some great partnership work involving Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service (MFRS) and ourselves, action has been taken, with the full support of the families of those involved. I would like to emphasise how seriously we treat suspected arson and all anti-social behaviour, and any information will be acted upon, so contact us early on and we can deal quickly and effectively with any problems.

“ABCs are an early intervention which we will look to pursue against individuals who are perceived to be engaging in anti-social behaviour. It allows people to cease and change certain activities they are involved in. Breaches of the order will lead to warnings and if necessary further, more serious action.”

Anyone with information on anti-social behaviour is asked to contact 101.

#SeftonInMind: Accessing Mental Health Support

Good mental health is really important and there are many things you can do to improve it.

So, from World Suicide Prevention Day (September 10) to World Mental Health Day (October 10) Sefton Council are spreading the word about local services and activities available to people in Sefton as part of our ‘30 Days of #SeftonInMind’ Campaign.

Access Sefton provides NHS talking therapies services to people experiencing a wide range of common mild-to-moderate mental health conditions. The services are free to people who live in Sefton, and are available from a range of accessible locations across the borough.

In addition to face-to-face therapy, we also run group workshops in Bootle and Southport which can help people develop techniques to better manage anxiety and depression. As many as one in four of us will experience some kind of condition related to our mental wellbeing at any one time.

As well as anxiety, depression and stress, talking therapies are clinically proven to be an effective treatment for other common mental health conditions, including obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), phobia and panic.

Someone who recently received help through Access Sefton commented:

“My experience with Access Sefton has been a really positive one.

“I’ve learned how to keep my anxiety under control and make it much more manageable – I never imagined I’d get to the point I’m at now. Thank you.”

You can find more details at or by calling 0300 303 2708.
Access Sefton are supporting the ‘30 Days of #SeftonInMind’ Campaign to spread the word about local services and activities available to people in Sefton to improve their mental health.

Have your say on potential Bootle Post Office move

The Post Office is proposing to move its Bootle branch to nearby premises where it will be run by a new retail partner.

The new Post Office will be at the vacant retail store at 1, the Hexagon, Strand Shopping Centre, Bootle, L20 4SF, around 100 metres from its current site at the New Strand.

The new branch will have a modern, open-plan layout with five serving positions and the same services will be available (cash machine subject to relevant consents). There will also be a retail offering of cards and stationery.

Opening hours will be extended to include all day Saturday opening.

Customers and interested parties are invited to give their comments on the proposed move in a public consultation that will run until 18 October 2017.

Roger Gale, Post Office Sales and Trade Marketing Director, said:

“We are making sure we take the right action to sustain services for years to come.

“Our customers will be offered the same range of services, in a new modern environment and with longer opening hours.”

Mr Gale added that the proposal for Bootle branch would help secure long-term viability of services for local customers.

It is proposed the new branch will open in February 2018.
Customers can provide views during the consultation:

on the website:
by email:
by phone: 03457 22 33 44 (Textphone 03457 22 33 55)
by post: FREEPOST Your Comments

To view the consultation visit

New Sefton scheme to improve private landlord standards

Standards of management and property conditions in the private rented sector in parts of Sefton are set to improve with the introduction of new Selective Licensing and Additional (HMO) licensing schemes.

Earlier this year Sefton Council consulted with residents, private landlords, businesses and other stakeholders for proposed new licensing schemes, which would affect private rented homes in designated areas.

The successful consultation looked at proposals to introduce Selective Licensing across Bootle and Additional (HMO) Licensing across parts of Seaforth/Waterloo/Brighton-le-Sands and central Southport.

Results showed that more than 85% of respondents were in favour of the selective licensing designation and 84% in favour of the two additional licensing areas.

Both the Selective and Additional (HMO) Licensing schemes were approved today (September 7) at Cabinet and should start in March, 2018.

Many local authorities already operate similar licensing schemes which aim to a improve standards of management and property conditions in the private rented sector, which should benefit tenants and improve the communities affected.

Cllr Trish Hardy, Sefton Council’s Cabinet Member Communities and Housing, said:

“Over the past number of years we have seen a significant increase in the size of the private rented sector – especially in the areas considered for the licensing schemes.

“Across the borough we recognise the crucial role the private rented sector plays in creating a strong and sustainable housing market and in meeting the housing needs of many households now and for the future.

“Through the engagement process we consulted with landlords and our communities and the majority of respondents felt the schemes would have a positive impact in Sefton.

“We will now work on developing both schemes with the view of making these areas safe and attractive places to live in with the full co-operation of landlords and their tenants.”

Full details of the results of the consultation are available on If you would like to keep updated on our housing licensing schemes please send your details to

Twelve convicted of littering offences in Sefton

Twelve people have been found guilty of littering in Sefton, leading to convictions worth over £4,000. 

Residents from Sefton, Preston and Liverpool were convicted of littering at South Sefton Magistrates Court at hearings which took place on Tuesday, August 22 and Tuesday, August 29. 

 Chelsea Rebecca Owen, 18, of Crosby Road South in Waterloo, appeared in court to plead guilty to littering and was fined a total of £205.

Eleven defendants were found guilty in their absence. They were:

Gytis Andrius, 21, of Duke Street Southport; fined £372

Paul Finch, 44, of Stanley Street Southport; fined £372

James Owen, 21, of Alma Road Birkdale; fined £372

Irena Borwiec, 42, of Bath Street North Southport; fined £372

Sebastian Tabaroiu, 22, of Irving Street Southport; fined £372

Nicola Foster, 19, of Manchester Road Southport;  fined £372
Sharon Jeffries, 52, of The Ferns, Preston; fined £322

Deborah Lunt of Lord Street, Southport; fined £422

Amelia Trim, 32, of Eastbank Street, Southport; fined £322

Gerad Derby, 32, of Fir Avenue Liverpool; fined £322

Tracy Jones, 41 of Wennington Road Southport; fined £322 

 A spokesman for Sefton Council said:

“No matter how big or small an item is, dropping litter is an offence.

 “Residents and visitors to the borough need to understand that they are responsible for correctly disposing of their own waste and we will not hesitate in following court proceedings for those who simply ignore this. 

 “Court cases like these highlight what can happen if you are caught and we hope it will make people think twice before just throwing their waste away.

 “Either take it home or use a bin.”

Search Box