Residents in Thornton and Thornton Parish Council are being informed about plans to improve traffic management in the local area.
Sefton Council has undertaken a detailed and extensive study of issues in the area and is now confirming the measures to be delivered in the next 12 months.
• the permanent closure of Edgemoor Drive at its junction with Moor Lane
• making The Crescent one way
• providing traffic calming in Southport Road and Ince Road
• pedestrian safety improvements at the Edge Lane / Moor Lane junction and the Green Lane / Park View junction
• a major change to the junction at Buckley Hill / Edge Lane / Gorsey Lane to divert traffic towards Brooms Cross Road away from Thornton
Cllr John Fairclough, Cabinet Member for Locality Services, said: “We promised the residents of Thornton that we would tackle their concerns about traffic and I am confident that the package of measures we will be delivering will have real benefits for the local community.
“This follows extensive consultation with our communities and some of the schemes outlined will start immediately.”
The update report of the Thornton Corridor Action Plan is available at www.sefton.gov.uk/thorntoncorridor.